Sunday, October 23, 2005

Flight to Antarctica

Hi Everyone!
I wanted to finally put up some pictures from my trip!
First, be sure to check out the links to Doug’s Site and Kelly’s Site on the side. Doug is our advisor out here, and he has some great pictures, some of which might be repeated on my site. Kelly’s site has tons of gorgeous pictures from places I’ll never go to, like inside crevasses. They are gorgeous. One of Doug’s sites has an igloo, which I know some of you were asking about. So be sure to check those pictures out!

So, as I mentioned in “I reached Antarctica” I got up pretty early for the flight! We got on our airplane, which was huge relative to previous years.



Remember how I had to wait an hour or so because they had to remove fuel from the plane? This is where we waited!




Once we were finally on the plane, I was so tired! Here are a few pictures of the inside of the plane. Pretty nice, huh? It was weird how you could look all the way up to the ceiling of the plane. And it was very strange not being able to look out the windows. The bathroom wasn’t quite as nice as a commercial plane, either. They told us before the flight that one of the previous flights “filled it up” before they’d even taken off!


The people in the pictures below are me, Mac (sleeping), and Doug (all people from our iceberg group). You can see earplugs in my ears because the plane was so loud!









The picture above is the view I had from my seat on the plane.

Here is a picture of the plane once we landed. It was so bright out, and absolutely beautiful! The runway is on ice, and very slippery.








That was my flight to Antarctica!
I've got a couple of fun pages coming up, including "snow school" but it is taking a lot of time because our computer system is pretty slow down here. So be patient with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home